Definitely a fun read. Maybe we DID go into Iraq after WMDs... just, the wrong friggin part of the world!
So. Here's where I have a problem with this:
- Switzerland destroys an electronic copy of 30,000 documents from this network, to include designs for a more advanced nuclear weapon. (one that was much smaller than the designs that they found coming from Pakistan in 2003) Does anybody see a problem here?
- Pakistani officials tell the US that we cannot investigate, or question Dr. Khan on our own, and that they're investigations were concluded 2 years ago. The US listens. I mean, c'mon. We're only talking about nuclear weapons. Oh! And it's only our survival (and the survival of many other species on the planet) at stake!
- Ok, ok, I'm getting a little hot headed. So, they have evidence (several TB of it) that point to Libya (who used to have a program), Iran and North Korea, among their other customers - moreover, the more advanced bomb design was of Chinese origin? Ya know something?
- Oh, and what is the US doing about it now? We put out a news article that states that we ain't doing anything about it. Ok! 'Investigating Further' does not count as 'doing something'. To do something, the US should tell Pakistan where to go and how to get there. I mean, the father of their nuclear program was the one running this underground network? "But Baph, Pakistan is our ally!" I call bull crap. When your Einstien is buying and selling nuclear weapons designs - how could you not know about it?
- I'm willing to make a bet that Hezbollah (who is funded by Iran) will be the ones to make Al Qaeda look like 3rd-grade school children when they wipe a US metropolis off the face of the planet. Oh, and what will our response be? Not a damn thing - the world will get really, really quiet as we either do a DEFCON or bow down to our new master's demands.
I won't get started on the places in history where we've let them take, and take and take. For almost 40 years, we've done almost nothing, and when we do something, we screw it all up. Ya know what? Our government is so blindly focused on strength of political parties and not the war being waged right under their noses that we're too stupid to not see that it exists. The US of A is on a thin red line to being dominated and we're going to deserve it because we care more about who the next President will be than understanding - much less even fighting - this war.
Ahh! But there's a little ray of hope! Given my occupation, chances are I'll be dead and not really caring anymore!
(xposted down here)http://www.paradice.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=6408#6408
(not posted over there):
Oh, and one last thing... since when did we start identifying those who tip off the CIA? Of this I refer to the Trippers in Switzerland. So, we play a he-said, she-said game? In other words, we don't have men on the ground over there either (because top gov't officials gave out an agent's name a few years back)? I mean, I'm having trouble visualizing an appropriate synonym for the insanely massive amount of incompetence I'm seeing.